Little Republic is clean, safe and ready !
Little Republic has taken every measure to ensure your child will be in a safe, clean and spacious environment. We made sure to comply with every regulation set out by WHO, UNICEF and IFRC. Please feel free to download the document above to see all the standard prevention and control measures and actions for COVID-19. Parents are free to come and view Little Republic’s COVID-19 prevention measures for own peace of mind.
Key Messages & Actions
Following basic principles can help keep students, teachers, and other staff (custodial, food handlers, etc.)
safe at school and help stop the spread of this disease.
Recommendations for healthy schools are:
• Sick students, teachers and other staff should not come to school
• Schools should enforce regular hand washing with safe water and soap, alcohol rub/hand sanitizer or chlorine solution and, at a minimum, daily disinfection and cleaning of school surfaces
• Schools should provide water, sanitation and waste management facilities and follow environmental
cleaning and decontamination procedures
• Schools should promote social distancing (a term applied to certain actions that are taken to slow down
the spread of a highly contagious disease, including limiting large groups of people coming together)
Know the latest facts
Understand basic information about coronavirus disease (COVID-19), including its symptoms, complications,
how it is transmitted and how to prevent transmission. Stay informed about COVID-19 through reputable sources such as UNICEF, IFRC, WHO and national health ministry advisories. Be aware of fake information/myths that may circulate by word-of-mouth or online.
Reinforce frequent hand washing and sanitation and procure needed supplies. Prepare and maintain hand washing stations with soap and water, and if possible, place alcohol-based hand rub (hand sanitizers) in each classroom, at entrances and exits, and near lunchrooms and toilets.
Clean and disinfect school buildings, classrooms, kitchens and dining facilities, and especially water and sanitation facilities at least once a day, particularly surfaces that are touched by many people (railings, lunch tables, sports equipment, door and window handles, toys, teaching and learning aids etc.)
Implement social distancing practices that may include:
• Staggering the beginning and end of the school day
• Cancelling assemblies, sports games and other events that create crowded conditions
• When possible, create space for children’s desks to be at least one meter apart
• Teach and model creating space and avoiding unnecessary touching